5.08.2013

Dear Mom, Love the Basher

{circa 6 months}

This post is inspired by this lady and this commercial. I'm linking up here!

Dear Mom,

You're doing OK, great actually.
I knew coming here that you'd be new at this.
And you're doing great at this mom thing.

I know I'm not a super sleeper,
But you're so patient with and kind to me.
Even if you don't feel like you are.

I love that I get to spend all my days with you.
From dawn until dusk we're together,
And I love it.
My naps may not be long, 
But I sure do smile big when you come in to get me.
You smile back, and I know that you're happy to see me too.

Thanks for taking me around everywhere.
I love running errands with you.
I get to sit in the cart,
And you talk to me and tell me what things are.
You ask me my opinion, 
Even though I can't talk yet.
But you ask me anyway,
And I like that.
You care what I think and how I feel.

You're not perfect,
And that's OK.
We'll figure this mom-baby thing out together.
And I think we'll rock it.

You sure do kiss me a lot.
Sometimes I'm in the mood.
But when I'm not and I push you away,
Don't worry.
I still love you.
Obviously.
And even when I hold out my hands because I'm tired of kisses 
You keep going.
I secretly like it.
(Don't tell the guys, though. Kisses are for girls.)

You may not remember,
But we knew each other before.
I remember,
And I'm so happy that I finally get to be here with you.
You know that smile? You know the one.
When I smile that smile I'm remembering.

I love it when we go to Dad's work to say hi.
You and Dad sure love each other.
And Dad sure loves me.
Both of you do.

Thank you for changing my stinkus-winkus diapers
And for wiping my slobbery chin.
Thanks for the baths and the games and the strolls.
I have it pretty good here, you know.

Love the Basher Asher (8 months old)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I love reading your blog, even though this is the first time I've commented. I have to say, this entry made me cry! I have a two-week old and this mommy thing is so difficult. It's touching to read something like this!

Caitlin said...

Hey Charlotte! I'm sure you don't remember me, but I'm friends with Brooke and sometimes I stumble over to your blog. I LOVED this post. It is so sweet and so well-written. You are very talented.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...