7.08.2014

independence coasting

We spent the Fourth of July at the coast.




This was Asher's first coast trip since entering toddlerhood, and he took it all in perfect stride.



Think sand. Lot and lots of sand.


And kites. Let's not forget how much my Wilson boys love their kites.


We had lunch up at the beach house, and while someone (I'll let you guess which one) needed a little rest, the others headed back down to the beach.


This little guy caught up with everyone in due time.



Obviously.


The grown-ups played games in the sand, and I stole away for a solitary walk in the shallow waves.



I always feel this pull to take as many pictures as I can of the coast, even though they may all look the same.


This place completely overwhelms me sometimes. The Oregon coast is so wild and grand and breathtaking. Every photo captures wonder for me.


I can't get enough of these two. They shine.



My heart is so full watching my two boys. The love I hold for each of them is sublime.


Asher could have spent all day on the beach.


We stayed as long as we possibly could. This boy was in heaven here.



And so was I. Thank you America for this beautiful land, for the continuous waves, for this wonderful, wonder-filled day. This one ranks up with my favorites. Life is just so grand.

1 comment:

Jill said...

What a great place to spend the 4th! I wish I lived closer to a beach, it's just good for the soul.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...