9.29.2014

don't forget about reading spooky next month!

Hello, Monday! Today I'm popping in first to tell you that you've convinced me to try writing for 31 days again. The series starts on Wednesday, and I'll be linking up to The Nester's site with the topic. I've been planning and prepping for a couple of weeks now. Get ready!


Secondly, don't forget about reading something spooky next month! This year, Miranda and I are going to tackle Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. We've both heard good things about this one and look forward to being thoroughly spooked. (It is described as "chillingly erotic" on Goodreads, so be warned. I haven't read this one and therefore can't give an adequate content warning!)

And this year I'm offering a secondary spooky reading option. I have this novella called The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley. It's a sequel to that book I read over the summer Parnassus on Wheels. I doubt this one will be especially scary, but it should be a fun read all the same! You can currently find both Parnassus on Wheels and The Haunted Bookshop for $0.99 total in the Kindle store--I'd jump on that if I were you.)

Previous years' spooky reads include:

:: Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders , by Vincent Bugliosi (a compelling nonfiction read that is chilling but not necessary spooky)
:: Dracula, by Bram Stoker (a favorite of mine, and currently only $0.99 in the Kindle store!)
:: The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson
:: Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Ray Bradbury (a perfect October read full of magic and carnivals and all-around spooky)

1 comment:

Ande said...

I'm reading Sherlock Holmes this October. I even specifically saved it, being inspired by your spooky reads and all. And

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...