10.01.2014

contentment, a definition

So, you convinced me. I'm going to write for 31 days straight--again. For those of you not here last year, 31-days is a challenge started by Myquillyn Smith (aka The Nester) to write on one topic for 31 consecutive days. (You can find more on the challenge, as well as hundreds of other participating bloggers here.) Last year I wrote about gracious living, and you can find the index to those posts here. A few weeks ago I opened up my thoughts to this space, asking if I should write at all and what I could possibly write about. I thought I'd be mulling on potential topic ideas for several more days, but later that night it hit me just as clearly as gracious living did a year ago.

{contentment}

It's such a lovely word, isn't it? Contentment. It's a word that makes you feel what it means. But what does it mean, exactly? Naturally I turn to my trusty pal, the MW: "pleased and satisfied, not needing more." Isn't that wonderful? I want to live a contented life, and so that's what we're going to explore every single day this month. 


I feel so right about this topic and am so eager to dig into the meat of contented living with you. I have a couple of new ideas for this series, one of which involves a collaboration with my friend and blogger Holly, who is also writing her own 31-day series. I hope you enjoy the month on this space as much as I plan to!

This post is part of a 31-day series on contented living. You can find the other posts here.

1 comment:

All Fun Family said...

I love, love your topic!! Just what I need to hear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...