10.04.2014

Tolstoy on contented living

Before we talk about anything today, I need to tell you about this image. I collaborated with my friend Holly on this, and she's agreed to design a set of printables for this series. She's blogging her own 31-day series on girl power, and she's really just wonderful. Do yourself a favor, and follow her series. And then come back here and download this lovely number. It's optimized to print at 4x6.


Do you agree with my pal Tolstoy? In my faith culture, perfection is something spoken of frequently, and it can be easy to fall prey to discouragement. But if we gave up striving to be better, where would we be? Once again we come back to the depths of the word content. Perhaps we need to be happy with what God gives us, and still keep a mind and heart open to progression. Perhaps contented living is grace for the imperfect, reassurance that yes, an imperfect life can be a lovely one--and I have a feeling that God always intended for us to find peace and yes, contentment, within our imperfections.

This post is part of a 31-day series on contented living. You can find the other posts here.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks for your kinds words, Charlotte! And of course I love your insights on the quote.

Natalie Bergin said...

Hmmm. I like the quote. I'm on the fence on whether or not I agree with it.

If 'look for' were replaced with 'expect' then I definitely would agree with the statement.

I think however it is possible to be content while looking for perfection. Perhaps it's improbable, but I do think it's possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...