4.22.2007

same old, same old with some impulsiveness mixed in

So I know I haven't posted in a while, but really my life has been the same--school, school, work, school, and building excitement for going home. Oh and did I mention school?? I'm done with all my finals but one and that's nice and I go home on Saturday. Dad drives out on Thursday and then we hit the road a couple days later! Yay!

I can't believe my freshman year of college is already over--I feel like I'm more officially in college now. Now that I've survived a year away from home, taking harder classes, and having to make all new friends, I feel officially collegiate.

So the past week and a half all I've been doing is schoolwork and last night I was completely fed up with it. Thus, I decided to convince Katelyn to take an impulse trip to the dollar theater and see "Music and Lyrics." I was so glad we went to see it because it was exactly what I needed. The movie was hilarious and cute (I love Hugh Grant) and my impulsiveness carried on into the concessions where I bought a $3 small (aka minuscule) popcorn and $2.75 small (aka kiddy kiddy size) Sprite--it was such a fun and definitely needed break! Plus, after we got back I impulsively bought the soundtrack to the movie which is way awesome.

Today was our last Sunday with our ward and it was definitely bittersweet. Most of the guys are going on missions and everyone got released and it was just kind of weird to have it be officially over. I will still see a lot of the girls next year because I'm taking my lit classes with a few of the girls on my floor and that will be fun, but all of our ward stuff today seemed so definite. It was nice though in sacrament meeting because we had another testimony meeting and this time I was ready and was third! It was a wave to the pulpit, but I did get there in good time!

Another bittersweet part about today was the realization that this was my last Sunday dinner with Jessie, Timm, and Bella, as they are moving to Charlotte, NC over the summer. I'm excited for them, but I will miss them a lot next year. Thanks so much for being here for me this year guys--it made all the difference :)

Well, I felt I needed to post after almost two weeks of not and now I need to shower and go to bed to wake up to finish the week and then GO HOME!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it, either--both that you've finished your first year of college AND that you were third in line to bear your testimony. Wow, you must have worn comfortable shoes to make it up there that fast! Can't wait to have you home--and I love the Donut Night flyer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...