8.15.2007

everything's better in the morning


Regardless of what's bothering you, I think it all seems better in the morning after a good night's sleep. Yesterday was not such a hot day. I had to drive back to the house sitting house after work, which is an hour's drive in itself, and then you add to that the fact that the light at a major intersection went out resulting in stop and go traffic for a few miles while that intersection turned into a 4 way stop--ew. Then I had to wait at their house for 45 more minutes until Janice (the mom) got home so Dean (the dad) could take me home without having to bring the kids. This was hard enough because I just wanted so bad to go home. Then when Dean drove me home there was no mention of paying me; Janice said I would be paid in addition to the gas and groceries money (even with that I had to put $70-80 of my own for gas), but I just don't know. With nothing said, I don't know what to think. If I don't get paid I'll be livid; I totally would NOT have done this if I didn't think I'd be compensated. I missed out on Vail and everything all because I thought I'd be paid, so if not . . . There's nothing I can do about it now, but that was the cherry on top yesterday. I had a breakdown last night and was just so tired and so frustrated with that whole situation and I got out a good cry. I went to bed with a cold pack on my eyes and with a few tears leaking out, fell into a deep sleep for the night.

I woke up this morning with my eyes still a bit puffy, but I definitely felt better because in the first place, I didn't have to wake up at 6--I got to sleep until 6:30!! Half an hour made a big difference for me :) It was just what I needed, to wake up in my own bed and see my family before I left for the day. While I still don't know if I'll be paid or how much, I'm feeling way better than last night; exhaustion exacerbates everything. Tonight Mom and I are going to Ann Taylor Loft so I can find a new outfit for seeing "The Little Mermaid" tomorrow night (it's turned into a Broadway musical that is opening in Denver!!--Rachelle is taking me for my birthday) and then I plan on watching the "So You Think You Can Dance" finale (I'm rooting for Sabra and Neil--Lacey's trampy and Danny's arrogant) and just soaking in the amazing feeling of being home.

Everything looks better in the morning :)

3 comments:

Diana said...

You need to talk to them about being paid. There is no way they can get away with not paying you. If you don't dare to talk to them(I know I'd be a little shy about it) then ask your Dad to talk to them, Dads are great at that.
Have fun at the Little Mermaid.

michelle said...

Oh dear -- no compensation?? You really must talk to them about that. and you had to spend your own money on gas? That is not ok.

It is true about everything being better in the morning, especially after a good cry and a good night's sleep in your own bed.

Loved SYTYCD last night! I do think Lacey is trampy, but I've decided I really like Danny now. I can't choose between those three!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get paid....SO glad to have you home!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...