8.14.2007

just so tired

I am SO incredibly ready to be finished with this house sitting thing. It was fun for the first week but now I'm closing in on my second I'm so sick of it. It's so far away from home and work and I feel like I really have been out of town even though I've spent a little bit of time at home almost everyday. What really got me was that I couldn't go up to Vail with my family last weekend. We've all been so busy the past month and I really haven't just hung out with with my family much and Vail would have been the perfect opportunity. I drove up there on Sunday for the day, but it just wasn't the same. And then just when I was so excited that Sunday was my last night, the people's flight was delayed out of Glasgow and so they missed all their connecting flights back into Denver. One more night. I know it may not seem like that big of a deal, but I'm just so tired: so tired of the long drives everywhere, so tired of having to bring clothes back and forth, so tired of that stupid dog, so tired of not being home and not seeing my family. I leave in just over two weeks and this house sitting thing makes me feel cheated out of some of the precious time I have left. I think I'd be more okay with the whole thing had I not missed out on vacation and I really just need to get over it, but it's hard to not dwell on the unfairness of it all. Then again, life wasn't meant to be fair.

I'll be home for sure this evening. I drove their car to work again this morning (I'm growing to deeply resent that hour long drive because I'm so tired every morning) and I'll drive it back there when they'll take me home. I mean it's a nice house and they're so generous with everything, but it's not home with my family. Yeah, they do have air conditioning, but I'd rather spend my time in an oven house with my parents and brother and sisters than in a cool house by myself.

Sorry for the complaining; I'm just in that mode where I'm feeling almost panicky and stretched so far I can't do it anymore. I know I'm a freakish homebody and am totally fine with watching movies with my parents instead of going out with someone, so I don't know how many others experience that panicky "I NEED HOME!!" feeling. Today I feel like I'm constantly on the brink of tears just because I'm so tired and want so bad to just be home. I'm just so tired--of everything.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Charlotte I am happy you get to go home today. I would miss my house too.
Only 2 weeks left of summer, wow. I'm excited to see you though.

Robin said...

Yeah, that would be pretty rough. I'm the same way - sometimes I just want to be at home! This month has been SO crazy busy, and I am driving out to California tomorrow with a research group, fly back SUnday, then fly out the following THursday to Seattle with Mark, and fly back Monday, plus two more small trips after that! (Family cabin near Ogden the weekend after Seattle, then Denver the following weekend).

Granted, I am way stoked about these trips - they are all going to be a lot of fun. But I am panicky at the thought of being away from home so much! Aah!

Anyways, long ranting aside, I hope you enjoy the next couple of weeks at home (: You'll have to come over sometimes when you are back over here!!

michelle said...

I think it's quite a tribute to your family that you would rather be in your hot hot house with them than in an air-conditioned house alone! It really is too bad you had to miss out on Vail though...

Anonymous said...

Wow--that is quite a tribute the the family--bickering and all! I've missed you and am glad to have the house sitting over with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...