9.19.2012

that mom

I have several friends who are nurses, and over the years I've heard many anecdotes about paranoid patients, the ones who call at the slightest twinge or skin irregularity. I've laughed with my friends and have always thought that I'm certainly not that patient. And when it comes to myself, I'm not that patient. In fact, when it comes to my own health I probably should call the doctor more than I do.

But when it comes to Asher, I am that mom. You know, the one who calls when her son grunts a lot in his sleep, thinking that his breathing is compromised, the one who sometimes can't differentiate between the most-normal-baby-thing-ever and ohmigosh-we-have-to-call-the-doctor-now.

Today we paid a $20 copay to be told that no, Asher does not have thrush, as I suspected. But here's the thing: I've accepted that yes, I am that mom--at least for now, while I'm figuring out this whole parent thing--and I am totally okay with it.

3 comments:

Serin said...

I am SO glad that he doesn't have thrush because that is EVIL! Drop me an email when you can to let me know how things in that area are going otherwise. ;)

paws said...

It's fun to hear all about your transition to motherhood. It sounds like you're doing great!

Shilah said...

You're that mom! You're THAT mom! I'm so jealous. I'm serious. Please be that mom as much as you want. I always thought I was going to be that mom. But when someone told me my baby probably had thrush I told them they were full of it and that she did not have thrush. They were full if it. And she did not have thrush. But still! If I had been that mom I would've checked for sure and my baby would've known how much I love her! I wouldn't be letting her pick her toys up off the ground and putting them back in her mouth and all those other horrible things I let her do. I don't even known who I am. But you do. You're THAT mom. Wear it proudly! We love you three! Miss you a bunch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...