6.06.2014

introducing the Creative Domestic

So, guys. I had this idea a while ago, and I've been working through it for weeks now. It's part of the reason that I haven't been posting here as frequently as I used to. And now I'm ready to tell you about it.

OK. I started a new blog.

It's called The Creative Domestic.

And it's a blog about sewing. Mostly.

OK, now you know.


I've spent much of the past several weeks navigating my way around web hosting, domains, CSS coding, plugins, Photoshop, and web servers. I built my site mostly on my own and suffered only one ugly-crying meltdown. And now I'm ready to make it happen.

I've been feeling stuck in a blogging rut. Much of what I wanted to write about is sewing-related, and I know that not everyone shares my passion for the craft. Not everyone cares about fiber content and presser feet and indie pattern companies. Not everyone enjoys spending hours sorting through patterns to add to their to-buy list or slowly making their way through fabric aisles. But here's the thing: I enjoy those things. A lot.

I didn't want this personal blog to suddenly turn into an unfocused, quasi-sewing blog, so I just started a completely new blog. The Creative Domestic. It's a more professional space than this one. Like, it's a .com blog. Not a wordpress.com or blogspot.com blog. A dot-com-the-bomb blog. I set up a couple of social media accounts for the Creative Domestic and want to be a more involved participant in the online sewing community. (Didn't know there was such a thing? Well there is, and it's awesome.) And this blog may occasionally dabble into non-sewing topics like baking and chocolate. Obviously.

Where does that leave Small & Trivial? Right here. It's still a space I need, but maybe just not a space I need as much as I used to. I can't just leave. But I may be posting less frequently than I was this time last year. I love writing here, and I love interacting with all of you. Now you just won't have to put with my sewing nerdery if sewing and textiles isn't your thing.

So go and check out The Creative Domestic when you get a chance, and if it's not your thing, great. Maybe you know someone who would like it? It if is, then awesome! And maybe you also know someone who would like it? You're the best.

I wish I could tell you that I'm signing off to start a new sewing project, but my whole head is still full of all that thick cold junk. So I'm actually going downstairs to watch some Downton Abbey. Thanks for reading. I'm just so glad you're here. Always.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Wow! I'm impressed. I will have to get with you and have you show me all you learned for your blog.

Diana said...

Look at you go! You will have to talk me through all the computer gibberish one day soon. I am very aware that my blog is sadly lacking in social media savvy and it pains me. But every time I go to "improve" it, I end up crying, losing data, making it ugly, and throwing a fit. Nick fears for the computer's safety. :/ But I am excited to add your new blog to my 'noteworthy' blogs section!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...