7.18.2006

continuing to be a Wamulian

As most of you know, I work at Washington Mutual as a teller and I was always planning on tranferring branches once I moved out to school. However as of late, the company put a freeze of sorts on hiring, making it harder for branches to post new positions and making it so my transferring was not so much of a surety. I definitely need this job because it's perfect for what I need.

I need this job because:
  • The hours are flexible. I don't work any earlier than 9 am or any past 6 pm, so I'll still have my evenings.
  • I get Sundays, Saturday afternoons, and holidays off and get paid for it.
  • Tellering pays better than most other jobs I could work.
  • It's relatively easy work that's easy to learn; I don't need too much training.
  • I'm already a Wamulian (an employee of Washington Mutual) so I could just dive right in!
  • I already have the shirts.

Well, a posting came up for the Provo branch last week, but it was for a full-time position (blast). I e-mailed my old manager (the one who was working on this with me before he transferred) asking if I should apply anyway, (even though I'm interested in working part-time) and he said to go ahead. I applied today and then I e-mailed the Provo manager just letting him know I applied and expressing my hope we can work something out. He e-mailed me right back and said he'd be happy to discuss the position with me, so the transferring now looks like much more of a viable option. I'm so excited! I need a job badly and being a teller is so perfect. The only downside is that I have to deal with not-so-nice customers every once in a while, but it's still not bad!

I should be seeing more developments as the summer progresses!

5 comments:

roastbeefstew said...

that's good that you can hopefully keep the job you like. it make things so much nicer. we've been having triple digits here too. but it's sooo much more humid.

Claire said...

I sincerely hope that Cash-in-the-Pants lady does not have any relatives in Provo, practacing those same monetary transportation methods. I hope that the transfer works out well, Telling sounds a lot less crappy than some of the other jobs out there, like call centers *shudders*

jt said...

is "tellering" really a word? I'm glad it looks like its going to work out for you. Job searches can be the worst, Especially in Provo/Orem as I found when I moved here. Good luck,and can't wait until you're here!

michelle said...

I hope the transfer works out. What a leg up you would have if you already had a job when you got here! Competition is fierce among all those students...

Anonymous said...

Hip hip hooray for a job for Charlotte! And yes, I think that "tellering" really is a word in the banking world.

I second what Claire said about hoping Cash in the Pants doesn't have connections to Utah....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...