I need this job because:
- The hours are flexible. I don't work any earlier than 9 am or any past 6 pm, so I'll still have my evenings.
- I get Sundays, Saturday afternoons, and holidays off and get paid for it.
- Tellering pays better than most other jobs I could work.
- It's relatively easy work that's easy to learn; I don't need too much training.
- I'm already a Wamulian (an employee of Washington Mutual) so I could just dive right in!
- I already have the shirts.
Well, a posting came up for the Provo branch last week, but it was for a full-time position (blast). I e-mailed my old manager (the one who was working on this with me before he transferred) asking if I should apply anyway, (even though I'm interested in working part-time) and he said to go ahead. I applied today and then I e-mailed the Provo manager just letting him know I applied and expressing my hope we can work something out. He e-mailed me right back and said he'd be happy to discuss the position with me, so the transferring now looks like much more of a viable option. I'm so excited! I need a job badly and being a teller is so perfect. The only downside is that I have to deal with not-so-nice customers every once in a while, but it's still not bad!
I should be seeing more developments as the summer progresses!