11.09.2007

8 days and counting

So I didn't realize how fast the time went since my last post and then I started thinking about it and realized that I haven't had too much to post about. My life for the past two weeks has basically been the same, dull routine with a little bit of excitement thrown in here and there. On Halloween my apartment had a party which was fun, but I would have been content to be a hermit (as I almost always am). Here are some pictures from the night:


Katelyn was Harriet the Spy and I was Nancy Drew

I had on brown argyle tights to go with the ensemble, but you can't see them.
I promise I had them on.


So Halloween was fun. That week for FHE we carved pumpkins at the boys' apartment which was fun, but there was a bit of a sad disaster on the way there. For that particular night, it was just Sean and me in charge and so I said I'd cover the refreshments and made a lovely loaf of pumpkin bread. It was pretty much amazing.


And then, as I was transferring the loaf pan to Katelyn so I could run upstairs and grab the carving kits I forgot that I promised to bring to FHE . . .

Yeah . . . it was sad. So there were no refreshments for FHE that night. I brought the bag though with the glass shards and the bread remnants to FHE so I could prove that I really did make something. It was still warm . . . sigh.

Oh! I can't believe I didn't post about this as soon as I found out about it (blame it on the second round of midterms--good grief I feel like school is all I ever talk about). Anyway . . .

I'm going to London!!

A few weeks ago I completed an application for the London Theatre Study Abroad program and I had my interview last week and I heard back later that afternoon!! The London Theatre program is different from the regular London Spring program in that it focuses on the theater (go figure). I'll be taking Shakespeare and Modern British Drama, which both fill major requirements. I'm way excited!! The money thing is a bit of an issue I'll have to figure out and I'm not quite 100 percent sure I'm going to go, but I'll have it figured out here pretty quick. AH!!

Also last weekend, my friend from home Cheyne came out to visit his cousins and we got to hang out a bit. We had an Office marathon on Friday night (we watched 2 discs!!) and Saturday we went over to his cousins' apartment and played a bunch of games. (My crowning moment happened when I answered a guy question in Battle of the Sexes. Q: Who won the 1994 World Series?? And who knows where this came from, but I correctly answered: no one, because there wasn't a World Series because there was a strike. Dad was proud).

Well, after 4 midterms in the span of a week and 8 days (almost 7) until I go home, I'm exhausted and will retire now. It's time for a relaxing weekend.

6 comments:

michelle said...

What? Nothing to post about?! You could be going to London, for heaven's sake! So exciting. I'm assuming you get to see plays there for the theater program? That would be the best.

So sad about the pumpkin bread. Hooray for going home for Thanksgiving! (hope I can join you there)

Anonymous said...

So awesome that you took a picture of the ruined bread on the sidewalk. I'm so proud to have raised such a faithful scrap-booker and documentarian! (Is that a real word?) "Train up a child in the way he should go . . . "

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!

Diana said...

I am so happy that you got into the program that is such good news.
Love your costume and sorry about the pumpkin bread.
Yea you'll be home in less than a week!

Melissa Marilyn said...

Can I just say ENVIOUS! I want to go to London and see plays for a semester. That would be a dream come true. I can't wait to see you soon!

Robin said...

Oooo...I would LOVE to go to London! That sounds so awesome!!

And the pumpkin bread? That is definite sadness. Loss of pumpkin is always sadness.

Melissa Marilyn said...

New post?!?!? Please update!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...