7.23.2009

It's Like Being Out of Town . . . But Not


Monday night we experienced a huge hail storm. Huge. Disastrous. Mom's garden was decimated, our siding destroyed, and our power out for a full 48 hours.

I didn't spend too much time at our house during those two days, but really it didn't feel like our house. It felt almost like a ghost house: no lights, everything was in disarray, unusually quiet, not like home. It was weird. Ha, plus our hot water went out. That's when Emily, Sarah, and I spent the night at Grandma's.


It's been a bizarre week; I've felt like I'm in limbo or something. It felt like I was out of town or something--weird. Needless to say, I was super glad to come home to power and hot water!

**Check out Mom's and Emily's blogs for more detailed accounts.**

3 comments:

michelle said...

Yikes! I really cannot believe the damage this storm caused.

Denise said...

Sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, sad. . . did I say Sad?

Diana said...

it is so sad. I'm sorry. Reading on all your blogs its still so unreal to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...