Emily just turned nineteen on Monday. (Back in February, I wrote a tribute to my number one--you can read it here, if you want.) Here are nineteen things about her. She's pretty much amazing. I love her.
1. When we were little and played "The Little Mermaid," I was always Ariel and made her be "the blue one." I think she's recovered from that injustice :)
2. She loves to clean and cleans our house all the time. She even coined the term "Mopping Mondays."
3. She's drawn to domesticity.
4. She has and wears an "I Heart Mom" t-shirt.
5. She introduced me to the wondrous world of Big Gulps.
6. She is the most service-oriented person I know. Regardless of how tired she is or how much she has to do, she will always take time to dust and vacuum, unload the dishwasher, or pick the kids up from school.
7. She has an infectious laugh.
8. She has an unnatural fascination with the ShamWow and all infomercials in general.
9. She's going to be Vince Shlomi, the ShamWow promoter, for Halloween this year.
10. She has a quick and clever wit.
11. She comes up with the funniest poses and has since she was little.
12. She loves Disney Channel shows like Hannah Montana, Sonny with a Chance, and Jonas.
13. She's an incredible pianist.
14. She often thinks she's gangsta. Good grief.
15. She's a peacemaker.
16. She loves big sunglasses.
17. She makes funny faces in the mirror. Her signature face is the Paula Abdul face.
18. She talks in her sleep.
19. She can play most Guitar Hero songs on hard and some on expert.
Emily, you have always been such an example to me of spirituality and obedience. You're an amazing young woman with infinite potential. I love you.
You're my number one.