7.09.2009

Operation Superhuman Reader: Summer Book #7

The Picture of Dorian Gray The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I'd give it 3 1/2 if I could. Wilde's morals (ha or lack thereof) are fascinating, and even though Wilde himself lived a Dandy life similar to Lord Henry's and Dorian's lives, he seems to condemn that in his book . . . I think. I found it interesting that Wilde posited that one's choices are reflected in their appearance, and I agree. Gray's corruption is frightening, and his end conveys the message that you can't escape accountability for your actions. It's a compelling book, but not a favorite.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

michelle said...

I found this book -- and Wilde -- fascinating as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...