10.25.2009

Impressions


In Sunday School and Relief Society today we talked about temples and temple work and as the teachers taught and we discussed I was struck with gratitude for my parents' temple marriage. Their decision to be married for time and all eternity completely defines our family and fully defined my childhood and continues to define my relationship with each of my family members. Knowing that I'm sealed to my parents and siblings for eternity adds a depth and bond to each of those relationships that couldn't be there otherwise.

In one class we talked about the mission of Elijah and the turning of the hearts of children to fathers (and vice versa). We started talking about the how the "earth would be utterly wasted at his [Christ's] coming" if this turning of hearts didn't happen. Without the keys of the priesthood, without the power to bind families together forever our entire mortal experience would be in vain. Everything we've worked for would be wasted if we couldn't be sealed to our spouses, children, parents, siblings.

I'm so blessed to be sealed to my family, immediate and extended. My family are my favorite people, and I can't imagine not being with them in the eternities.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love temples too! I am so grateful I can be with my husband, parents, brothers, and everyone else for eternity. Temples are amazing. It makes me smile just looking at the picture! :)

michelle said...

Beautifully said, Charlotte. Amen.

Denise said...

I don't know how I missed this post! Beautifully said. My experience in the temple earlier this week left me similarly feeling strengthened, knowing that my family and I are blessed when I make and keep covenants.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...