4.10.2010

Operation Superhuman Reader: Josh's turn

It was Josh's turn to pick a book for us to read, one that I haven't read and one that he thinks I should read. Life of Pi was his choice!

Life of Pi Life of Pi by Yann Martel


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I didn't really know what to expect from this book, and I ended up really liking it. I think what I noticed and appreciated most was that it didn't remind me of anything else. Martel's writing style and story are completely unique, and I found myself wanting to read the story slowly so I could really soak it all in. I'd definitely recommend this book.

View all my reviews >>

5 comments:

paws said...

One of my favorites!

michelle said...

I really liked this one as well! Definitely unlike any other book I've read.

I love that you guys read and discuss.

Jill said...

I was surprised how much I liked this book, but I really did.

jt said...

Good one Josh.

Hannah Holt said...

I'm glad I finished this one, but I almost didn't. The philosophical ramblings in the beginning were interesting but not particularly compelling. I think great writing should be a balance of beautiful language, authentic characters, complex ideas and story. The beginning of this book had the first three, but not the later. If I hadn't spent a lot of time waiting in airports during the first half of the book, I might not have finished it.

Maybe I'm just a lazy reader.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...