4.13.2010

summer list

After graduation next week, I'll still be around Provo for the summer for my four-month internship with the New Era. This will be the first entire summer I'll have spent away from home. And most of me doesn't like that. At all. You see, I like home. Lots. And not only will I be spending my entire summer in Provo and not in Denver, but Emily (a.k.a. Number One) will be in Denver and Josh (a.k.a. Wonderful) will be in Portland.

Regarding my internship, Monday through Friday I'll be gone for about twelve hours each day, three of those hours spent on the bus, and I'll have to get to bed pretty early each night (early meaning 10:30 at the latest) to make it possible to catch the bus at 6:30 a.m. So really, I'll have about three or four hours to fill each night.

To make my own happiness this summer, I devised the following list of activities to keep me busy and distracted from missing people I love:

:: jewelry making
:: Grandma's personal history
:: reading and reading and reading
:: Netflixing
:: perfecting my cake baking
:: cooking
:: reading Isaiah (only for when I'm feeling particularly ambitious)
:: helping an old professor with a YA lit project
:: learning to knit
:: Ruffles&Stuff–ing
:: running
:: Big Gulp–ing
:: scrapbooking

I'm sure I'll come up with other list items to make the summer go by just a little faster.

The summer will be a good one, just different. I also hope to spend some good, quality time with Michelle & Co. And I have many things to look forward to, things that make life absolutely lovely!

8 comments:

emilymcb said...

I will be your friend this summer!

And also, if you want a buddy to read Isaiah with, I'd love to read it with you. I took a class last semester, and I am in love.

Denise said...

I wish I could be in love with Isaiah. Ambitious, indeed!

I also wish that I could do all of those things with you this summer--all of them, that is, except the running one.

brooketolman said...

Um, more than likely i'll be living with you so that should make you a little happy i think

Susan said...

Sounds like a plan, indeed!

I did not see, however, any wedding planner in the mix....what the?!

m.estelle said...

HEY.
i want to make the 20 minutes skirt.
lessss doit.

xoxoxoxox
e

michelle said...

Sounds like a very busy summer indeed!! Good call on adding Michelle & Co. to the mix.

Jill said...

I'm excited for you to have this internship and summer by yourself. You should declare it, "The summer of Charlotte" and revel in the solitude. Even though 3 hours a day on the bus is a lot think of all the ipoding and reading you can get done!

Sarah C. said...

I am more than prepared to help you on the knitting front. I'm a big fan of it these days. Perhaps we can get together and I can teach you? Yes? Yes?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...