4.04.2010

Easter

I know that Christ rose from the dead. He died and rose to live again, and because of His triumph, we are enabled to conquer death ourselves. Now that He's risen, He will stay forever risen, and we are destined to do the same. I know this. Christ's resurrection made eternal families possible; without a physical and permanent return to our bodies, the plan of happiness wouldn't be. I live only because He does. Because my Lord and Savior died for me and lived for me, I will again see my grandmothers, both of them now passed on. Because He redeemed me from sin and death I will overcome. Because He suffered His infinite atonement I will find peace in my grief and comfort in my tears.

I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, He lives who once was dead.
He lives, my ever living Head.
He lives to bless me with His love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.

He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with His eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives, my kind, wise heav'nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while He lives I'll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.

He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
I know that my Redeemer lives!
Happy Easter. We truly have reason to celebrate.

3 comments:

Pamski said...

I thought of you today while the MTabs were singing this song knowing it is your favorite and thinking of your grandma. What a great message of hope.

michelle said...

I felt more grateful for Easter this year than ever before, and suspect that it will never be the same for me again.

I cannot ever sing that hymn all the way through for crying.

m.estelle said...

charlotte.
um. i'm sitting at my desk at work CRYING. why? because of that photo Michelle (who i do not know...but took French from her hilARious husband...) took of you, emily and your mom. anyway, i was going to insert a poor "thanks a lot" joke here...but i've decided not to. i like you. and i like your family. bah. whatever. that's all i wanted to say. :)
see you soon i hope!
xoxo
e

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...