10.24.2011

a styled break-in

Imagine me:

:: Greeting Rachelle at the airport in my new favorite outfit, a plaid wool skirt (that I sewed myself) with a simple mustard cardigan

:: Automatically locking the car door because that's how programmed I am now

:: Realizing that I locked my doors with the keys still in the ignition and the car still running

:: Relieved that I remembered to pop the trunk before locking the doors

:: Thinking that I can probably break into the car through the trunk--Nancy Drew does it all the time

:: Climbing into my trunk still wearing the cute skirt

:: Disregarding the weird looks I'm getting from fellow airport-goers

:: Calling Josh for help on figuring out the trunk break-in strategy while still sitting in the trunk


:: Finding the tabs that push the back seat down

:: Crawling through the trunk and into the car as gracefully as possible, trying hard not to flash the other airport drivers

:: Turning off the car, unlocking the doors, and exiting the car through the doors and not the trunk

:: Feeling awesome because I just pulled a Nancy Drew

Did you imagine all that? Good. Because it wasn't made up. That really happened. And it was probably one of the funniest things I've ever done.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

OMG....that is too FUNNY!!! Thank goodness you were able to get in through the trunk!! A good story to tell.

A Mitton said...

Wow, great story. I am so, so impressed.

Jill said...

Oh my, what an adventure, all while wearing a skirt!

Denise said...

Nancy Drew would have been in a plaid skirt, too! I just hope you didn't have a run-in with Stumpy Dowd.

Laura said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is something I would do. Absolutely and completely. I am so glad you had a moment in my life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...