3.09.2012

cascading tulips

Sorry to leave you with such a personal and dispirited post since Tuesday. The truth is that it's been a weird week at the Wilsons'. It's been a week of melancholy moods, weird work schedules, and a pervasive feeling of disconnectedness.

I woke up this morning bracing myself for my last day of work before my weekend, and in the kitchen I saw my tulips I bought on Monday. They looked like this:


And I loved it. Maybe this could be an indication that I should have trimmed them shorter or found a taller vase, but I love how these flowers have burst open and cascaded into my kitchen. To me those pale pink blooms bring so much simple joy that a vase can't hold it. To that happy beginning, I went out into a day full of chirping birds, shining sun, and balmy temperatures.

This afternoon, as I throw open my windows to let in the spring air, I'm so glad that tulips are the type of flowers that bloom and cascade.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

It's the simple things in life I tell ya! Sorry it was a bit of a blue week :(

Jill said...

That is some tulip craziness!

michelle said...

I love cascading things of all sorts!

Maren said...

If you put a penny in your vase of water, then your tulips will stay upright for you. Just incase you're ever in the mood for the non cascading arrangement. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...