6.29.2007

Night at the Red Rocks

In Denver, the Red Rocks Amphitheatre is one of the best venues for just about any large scale event. A few years ago, I went there to see President Bush speak on his 2004 campaign tour, and I know a few people who've had their high school graduations there. It holds about 10,000 people and it's surrounded by beautiful mountains and believe it or not, red rocks. :) It's really nice and especially during the summer, there are a bunch of concerts there. So on Wednesday night, Rachelle, her boyfriend Ben, our friends Jon and Blake, and I went to see Lifehouse and the Goo Goo Dolls in concert. Lifehouse is my favorite band of the two (but I still love the Goo Goo Dolls!) and when I found out they were coming to Denver I was totally stoked and even more thrilled to discover they were the opening band for my other favorite Goo Goo Dolls!! I got a group together and Wednesday was the night.

Parking there is always a pain, but then what do you expect with a venue that holds 10,000 people? We left early and picked up our will call tickets (they would have charged me an extra $2.50 to email me my ticket--that's just ridiculous) and then hiked up to the amphitheatre to get the best general seating seats we could. (We opted for general admission rather than reserved seating because 1) it was cheaper and 2) we didn't have to coordinate ticking purchasing). We had excellent seats and just hung out until the concert started. Rachelle and I bought Lifehouse t-shirts and Ben bought one too, but we're thinking either it fell out of his bag or someone stole it because he can't find it. Bummer.


The pre-opening act was this girl who sang more pop-country stuff and no one really listened. There was polite applause but nothing really exciting. Then Lifehouse came on and it was awesome! They performed a bunch of songs from their new album and not to mention the lead signer is highly attractive (they had a big screen on the side giving you a more up-close look). the Goo Goo Dolls then performed and the stadium was much more pumped for them (understandably--they've been around since the '80s so they're much more established). I love going to live concerts because there's so much energy and excitement. Plus seeing bands live is different from seeing them on TV or listening to the album (some artists are not so hot live, but these two groups were definitely awesome). The only bummer to the concert was the ever-present smell of cigarette smoke and pot--eew. There were many people (most underage) who were drinking a bunch and getting pretty tipsy, but this one girl who I can't figure out if she was drunk or just like this, but she was jamming out to every single song and dancing and having herself a ball. She was hilarious!! Good for her for getting her $35 worth though!

Well I'm here at home for the day because they cut my temp job short by a day which is a bummer because that's close to an extra $100 I'm missing out on, but whatever. I'll just work extra on my free lance articles today (I got my first free lance check yesterday which I used to buy a new iPod as my mini iPod of over 2 years kicked the bucket the other day. I need an iPod for running!!) It's kind of nice to just chill, but I hope another job will come really soon; I hate being unsure of my income.

Have a stellar Friday and I'll have a great day wearing my concert tee!

1 comment:

michelle said...

I loooove Red Rocks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...