10.19.2007

Cozy


So yesterday morning when I woke up (and Tuesdays and Thursdays are always great because I don't have class until 9:30) I was so warm and so cozy in my bed that I just expected to have snowed outside. It felt like one of those weekend mornings in the winter when you wake up and it's either snowing really hard or really bright and cold outside and you spend all day drinking hot chocolate, wearing warm sweaters, and snacking on pumpkin bread. Much to my disappointment I soon realized that I had to get up and go to class. I'm not sure why yesterday morning in particular felt that way, but it was great. Maybe it had to do with the fact that I wore my winter pajamas for the first time this season because it was cold in my room so I was extra warm and cozy without being hot or maybe because I slept really deeply and well. Who knows? But regardless of why, I slept amazingly and felt so good in the morning--if only I really could have slept in and had hot chocolate and if only it really had snowed and I was home (that's where I dreamed I was--it was one of those super realistic dreams that resulted in significant confusion when I woke up) and it was Christmas break. Ah well, Christmas break will come soon enough! School is good and Dad just bought my ticket home for Christmas and I'll be home for Thanksgiving in less than a month! Maybe if I'm lucky I can have a morning like that when I go home :).

5 comments:

Jill said...

That picture is so dreamy. I love the kind of cozy morning you're talking about, and the thought of having to walk to campus in the cold is rather grim. But sweater weather is nice and once your up and out there it's always good.

You're so lucky you get to go home for Thanksgiving and for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

That picture is fabulous! I can't wait for the day you describe--I could use one right now.

Anonymous said...

Oh--and I'm anxious to hear how your pot roast and gravy turned out.

Diana said...

Didn't you love the snow on Saturday? It was so great.
Your picture makes me want to have a nice hot mug of hot chocolate.
I love cozy mornings, luckily and unlucky for me I have so many right now in my life.

michelle said...

Ooh, I love that picture! I love sleeping in pajamas in a cozy bed, but I almost always get too hot. It's good to find the perfect in-between. I was happily surprised to wake up to snow on yesterday, but I didn't get to stay in the cozy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...