10.16.2007

I'm not sure what to title this post . . .

So a quick note on the blog look change: I did like the dots better, however I needed a color change and the template editor for dummies feature on Blogger doesn't let me change the color of the dots. I had this whole vision of a black and white polka dotted blog. Alas . . . Anyway and I finally figured out how to post a profile picture. I took off the old one with the intentions of putting on a new one, but the link I kept pasting into the profile picture box never did anything. I went to the help screen and they recommended using the second of the two picture links and voila! I have a profile picture. (I would have been content with nothing for a while longer but your comment Jill pushed me to action!)

Anyway, the weekend was way fun. Emily came to visit me and we had a blast partying hard (well as hard as homework would allow). She flew in Thursday night and while she was here we watched movies, went out to dinner, browsed the bookstore, and just hung out. The night she flew in we both went over to Diana's for The Office which was so much fun because I haven't seen Diana and Lou since June and I haven't seen Robin and Mark since April--it was a fun Office reunion!

Apart from Emily being in town, my weekend was dominated with having to read "The Faerie Queen," for my British Lit class. It's kind of interesting but I just have no real idea what's going on. I work so hard just to get the gist of the plot that I can't really analyze it on any deeper level. I do love my British Lit class actually; it's really interesting, just really intense and I'm never sure what the tests are going to be like. Today was super cool--we talked all about Elizabeth Tudor and how she was a kick-butt monarch (not in those exact words . . . ) and that was super awesome. I have to read Hawthorne's "Blithedale Romance" for my American Lit class which isn't so bad, but a whole novel in one week is a little overwhelming. Fortunately though, the due date for our paper in that class was moved to next week! (I was pondering how I would be able to read an entire novel, write a paper, and do all my other readings and still sleep this week--now I don't have to worry about it!)

I can't really think of anything else of interest to post, but once I do I'll definitely post it.

3 comments:

Melissa Marilyn said...

I took Victorian Lit and 20th Century American Lit in the same semester and Masterpieces of British Lit and Masterpieces of American Lit in the same semester-Whoa! I remember writing 10 page papers every week for some class. It is rough, especially to fit in all of the reading, but you can do it. I always felt like I got a rhythm down and then it was manageable. Good luck! I'm thinking of you and praying for you English buddy!

michelle said...

I have read several books on the Tudor period and enjoyed them quite a bit. A fascinating part of history. Glad Emily could come to visit! (Sorry I wasn't around to pick her up from the airport...)

Diana said...

I had a lot of fun with you and Emily watching The Office and during our little adventure to the airport.
HOpe to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...