12.13.2007

that's it--i'm done


I studied all night last night--at least 5 hours (not to mention the multiple hours from other days)--for this stupid British Lit test from another new professor so it's not like I knew his style anyway, I take it this afternoon, and spend the expected hour and a half in the Testing Center. We had to answer 10 out of 15 short answer questions and 6 out of 8 passage ID/significance questions for a total of 150 points possible. On one of the ID passages I am torn between "The Rape of the Lock" by Alexander Pope and "Vanity of Human Wishes" by Samuel Johnson because the style of both these poets is almost identical: the same cadence to the writing, the same kind of language, the same rhyming style, the same opinions of society, and after an intense battle with myself I choose Johnson's "Vanity of Human Wishes" and go on for a long paragraph about what he means by this poem which I hated anyway. I leave the testing center and immediately look up the answer in my Norton anthology and I am wrong. It was Pope. I hate Pope. That's a potential 15 points down the drain. After all that studying--that's it--I'm done--see ya.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when that happens! That picture accurately portrays my feelings at present, as well.

Diana said...

I hated when that happened. I don't envy you at all right now taking finals. I wish you luck and I'm glad your British Lit is done. That would've been hard with all the different professors you had in that class.
See ya soon.

michelle said...

That picture is so good. We all feel like that at times, and especially after having a frustrating experience at the Testing Center! Yikes. That's one reason I'm glad to not be in school anymore...

Jill said...

I feel your pain. My brother and I once quizzed each other for a Zoology exam and came out of it feeling like we aced it...but we didn't.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...