5.11.2008

Dear Mom


Dear Mom,

I just wanted to let you know I think you're amazing. And I'm completely serious. I see how you raise a family, cook dinner, sew, clean, work, care for your parents, be a wife, check blogs, talk on the phone to me, and watch "The Office" and I'm completely amazed. You're Wonder Woman to me. I know you often feel inadequate in all your responsibilities, but I want you to know I see you and see faith-empowered energy and a humble devotion to service and the Lord.

You've always been such a rock in my life. You've always been one of my best friends and I'm so glad that we have the relationship we do. I'm glad that I always look forward to coming home, and that I'm always sad to leave. I love it that I love spending my Friday nights in our basement watching shows from the DVR. I love drinking Cherry Coke Zero while you sew and I fold socks. I love it that I always love being with you. You've built a home that is centered in Christ, and you've helped cultivate a spirit in our home that makes me feel truly at home.

Thank you for teaching me the Gospel. I feel like I've always had a strong testimony, and I know that is because of you and Dad teaching me truth. You taught me to pray, you taught me of my divine worth, you taught me that in Christ I can do anything. You grounded me in correct principles, equipping me with the armor I needed to leave home and go out into the world. You taught me to love my Savior. You taught me to serve. You taught me largely through example, and I'm constantly learning through your own humble and righteous life.

I can't adequately express how grateful I am that our family is forever. Thank you for honoring your covenants and for working with Dad to make our family eternal. I can't think of any other people that I'd rather spend eternity with. Because of you and Dad, I feel an even increased desire to be worthy to go to the temple, to live the commandments so I can someday live with you forever. I miss you so much when I'm away, but knowing that our family doesn't part at death shortens the miles between us and gives me unending comfort.

I love you so much. When I say I think you're amazing, I mean it with every part of me. I see you and I see someone I only hope I can someday be. Thank you for being my mom; thank you for loving me unconditionally; thank you for loving my dad; thank you for loving the Savior; thank you for being the teacher you are; and thank you for letting me have ice cream for dinner on my birthday :)

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I love you.

Love,
Charlotte Jane

5 comments:

niaodian said...

:-)

michelle said...

She is Wonder Woman to me, too!!

April said...

She also gave a rockin' talk in church on mothers day! I think she is pretty much the most amazing mom I know in colorado! I try and be like her more and more each day!

Denise said...

Wow. That's just about all I can say. Wow. Thank you for this humbling tribute--you make me want to live up to it!

Diana said...

If Kira was ever to write me a letter remotely close to what you wrote to your mom, I would be happy forever. Your mom is an amazing woman.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...