It really doesn't seem like that long ago that I graduated from high school, but two years later, I'm no longer straight out of high school, and now I find myself coming home to go my sister's graduation. I was able to fly home on Thursday morning and spent four full days in Denver with my family. It was so much fun just to be home and spend time with my family. Here's the weekend recap:
- spent time with Rachelle
- went to TJMaxx with Mom to buy a graduation present for Emily. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find a super cute dress for $20!
- watched the season finale of "Law and Order"
- homemade hamburgers and buns with root beer floats for dessert at Grandma's
- watched "The Holiday"
- shopping at Macy's
- "Indiana Jones" with the kids and our neighbor Nick. Flesh-eating ants=sick
- rewatched the season finale of "The Office" ("Hazing is a great way to show a new employee that she is neither welcome nor liked"--ha!)
- church in the Applewood Ward
- hanging out with Mom and Emily while getting ready for dinner
- spending a bit of time with Rachelle because she came over for a bit
- ate a delicious dinner of talapia (spelling?) fish and lemon pasta--mmm!!! Oh yeah, and yellow cake for dessert
- drive to see some of the houses that Mom's boss builds--way cool houses
- movie night with just the family: "August Rush"--so good