7.03.2008

Operation Santa Fe--Days 4, 5, and 6

The last half of Operation Santa Fe went pretty well, considering:

  • Church on Sunday. This was Emily's first day back.
  • I made Parmesan chicken, white rice, and carrots for dinner. Emily made the biscuits. Jacquelyn came over for dinner.
  • Sunday night we watched "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."
  • Monday morning, Jacquelyn and I went up to Crown Hill to go running, and Sarah rode her bike alongside.
  • Sarah went to Marilyn Fowler's house in the evening and spent the night--score
  • Monday was cleaning day. Sarah had a fit because I wouldn't let her eat ice cream for breakfast . . . figure that one out.
  • Monday, we discovered who the peeing culprit was. All throughout OSF, one of the dogs (we also were watching Grandma and Grandpa's dog, Tyrone) kept peeing everywhere. Because we never were able to catch them in the act, I didn't know which dog to scold, so I didn't scold any dog. We had our suspicions, but no confirmations. Monday night, I was watching TV and I heard a whizzing sound behind me. I turned around to see my suspicions confirmed: Tyrone. He was the whizzer. I was so mad. And he did it again on Tuesday. I was not sad to see Tyrone go . . . .
  • My friend Cheyne came over on Monday night, and he, Emily, and I went out to ice cream, and then came back to our house and watched "Stranger Than Fiction," (which I loved by the way--I'd never seen it before).
  • Tuesday I basically just hung out. Sarah was still at Marilyn's all day, I vacuumed, I scrapbooked, I waited anxiously for Mom and Dad to get home.
They've been back for a couple days now, and I've decided I'm perfectly okay not being the mom. Mom can have that job back. :)

1 comment:

Denise said...

I suppose I take up the mantle once again. Thanks for the respite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...