So I got a last-minute temp assignment today. It's only for today, but seven hours at $13 an hour isn't too bad. I'll take it.
I've been sitting at the front desk of this highly professional, high-rise office with a great view since 9:00 a.m. (Yes, I did have half an hour for lunch.) But I'm bored out of my mind. I've been blog stalking pretty much all day and would enjoy more of Tess except that I don't think I'm allowed to read. . . . However, I can do pretty much whatever I want on the internet. So here I am blogging. And because I'm so bored, I'm going to do one of those tag things. I don't always do them, but today I'm going to.
1. What is your blogger name? My blog is minutiae: the small and trivial details of my life, and the name that pops up next to my comments and such is Charlotte.
2. When is your birthday? August 26
3. How long have you been blogging? June 2006
4. Who tagged you? Boredom. But I got the survey from Jill's and Kristi's blogs.
5. Tell me your five most favorite body parts: Of mine? . . . I like my hair (ha I get it colored), my eyes, my smile, my fingers (not my fingernails), and my calves.
6. What do you wish most for your birthday? Hmmm . . . my own car. Realistically, however, how about more trendy clothes and accessories.
7. What color are your nails right now? Completely natural, baby. I don't usually like painting my fingernails, but my toenails are usually painted during the summer. Right now my toenails are a reddish, orangy color. I need to redo them.
8. Any depressing thoughts lately? Our family car sure is depressing. Oh yeah, and figuring out a way to save for school next year. Those aren't fun thoughts.
9. What's your next one month's plan? Numero uno: find a job. Stat. Numero dos: read like crazy. Numero tres: escape to Vail in a week or so.
10. At what age did you have your first crush? Second grade, Chad Bacon--dream boat.
11. Did you attend any high school reunion after you graduated? No, because I've been graduated for only three years. No reunions yet. I'm not sure if I'll go. If I can persuade my friends to accompany me, then probably I'll go to at least one.
12. Are you a clean freak? Hmmm . . . I wouldn't term myself a freak exactly, but I do like things to be clean. Put the dishes in the dishwasher, rinse your toothpaste out of the sink, pick up and vacuum every once in a while. And for heaven's sake, clean the bathroom.
13. What era do you wish you were born in? I think I would have liked to live in the '40s, meaning I should have been born in the '20s or '30s, so that I could actually enjoy the '40s. Right now is pretty stellar, though.
14. Are you a vegetarian? Ha.
15. How many pillows do you sleep with at night? One plus a decrepit stuffed animal.
16. Are you a light sleeper or an I-don't-care-if-there's-a-bomb sleeper? I'm a moderate sleeper. I can sleep through quietish noises, but can wake up easily if need be. I've had a couple of uber-light sleeper roommates, though. I'm a pro at dealing with others' light-sleeper-ness. (I did have a roommate who said that I made the bed too loud in the morning. I didn't know how to respond to that one.)
17. Do you secretly wear comfortable grandma panties when your husband isn't around? Firstly, I don't have a husband. Secondly, no way. Thirdly, this is too personal a question for my comfort.
18. What is your ultimate dream job? Career-wise, magazine editor, but not too high up, because I would want my own life outside of work; life-wise, a mom.
19. What is it that your husband does that annoys you the most? Reference question 17, and he better not make mouth noises when he sleeps. He should also be okay with vacuuming.
20. What is your dream car? I'm not picky--give me air conditioning, automatic windows, a CD player, and power steering, and I'm good to go.
21. Do you easily wake up in the morning? Usually. It depends on what I'm waking up for: school, I'm up. Gym, not so much.
22. Do you like hairy men? Goateed men? Ew and not unless you're Johnny Depp.
23. Which would you prefer? A 2-hour spa experience, 2-hour foot massage, or 2-hour Thai massage? I'd probably opt for the spa experience.
24. Have you ever wished you had a different name? Nope. I love my name: Charlotte Jane Wood. Love it.
25. What is the most extreme sport you've ever done? Hmmm . . . racquetball and Antelope Island are probably tied with babysitting John and Sarah.
26. Do you prefer traveling to Europe or Asia? My traveling ventures have stretched just as far as NYC and Cardston, Alberta. Europe has always appealed to me way more than Asia, however.
27. What is your favorite food? Pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, and dinner rolls. Plus chocolate pie for dessert. (I was almost tempted to put Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese in that list. Ha.)
28. What is the most embarrassing moment you've had on a date? Playing racquetball was pretty embarrassing. Seriously.
And I killed about forty-five minutes. Sweet.