7.02.2010

July 2

Ten years ago
:: I had been in the Young Women program for less than a year
:: I was getting ready to start middle school
:: I had straight-across bangs
:: I listened to N*SYNC regularly

Five years ago
:: I had already taken my senior pictures
:: I had already had my first kiss
:: My hair had enough highlights to almost be blond
:: I hadn't applied to BYU yet

Three years ago
:: I had just finished my freshman year of college
:: I was working a full-time temp job and saved up enough money for the whole school year
:: I was eagerly waiting for the release of the seventh HP book
:: I went to my first concert at Red Rocks Ampitheater

One year ago
:: I was not working a full-time temp job and did not save up enough money, resulting in another round of student loans
:: I was trying to figure out my cyst pain
:: I started Operation Superhuman Reader
:: I often felt panicked about post-graduation life

Six months ago
:: Josh met my family—immediate and a good deal of the extended
:: I was ready to graduate and still scared about it
:: I hugged my grandma for the last time
:: I started dreaming of diamonds—on my finger

Two months ago
:: I got engaged to a wonderful, wonderful man
:: I started my internship with the New Era
:: Four months seemed like a really, really long time
:: My Webcam became one of my better investments

One week ago
:: I was getting ready for (and dreading) my ward camp-out
:: I enjoyed the dark chocolate frozen yogurt in the cafeteria
:: I couldn't talk to my family, because they were all in Canada
:: I was in the middle of listening to HP 6 on my iPod

Yesterday
:: I finished HP 6
:: I watched the HP 7 movie trailer for the fifth or sixth time
:: I went with the Wilsons to their family reunion in Spanish Fork
:: Five weeks had turned into 24 hours until I saw Josh

Today
:: It's the slowest day ever
:: The McDonald's worker spelled my name "Shaly" on my receipt
:: I'm taking the early bus home
:: The elevator jerked to a halt three times on the way down--when I left for the day, I took the stairs

In one month
:: I'll be getting ready to move out
:: The invitations will be sent and (hopefully) the replies received
:: Josh and I will have the keys to our apartment
:: I'll be in my last week at the New Era

In two months
:: I'll be married
:: Josh and I will be back from our cruise
:: My last name will be different
:: I'll be living in Oregon

Part of me wishes I could tell you what I'll be doing in six months, one year, five years, ten, but I can't. And I think that's pretty exciting. 

6 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, it's crazy to read about all these big changes! How can you go from being a new Beehive to getting married in 10 years' time? It's mind blowing really.

emily said...

What a cool post! It's crazy how much has happened in such a short time.

michelle said...

I love this. Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

jt said...

I love this idea! I think I may steal it, with your permission of course.

Karen said...

This is a great post! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Cool post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...