7.21.2010

Operation Superhuman Reader: Route 801, #9 and #10

So #9 I'm not sure if I can share on this forum, and here's why. I just read a YA book titled Orphan, and it hasn't been published yet. Several months ago I submitted my YA research paper to a YA-lit journal. They responded over a month ago (and didn't accept it) but asked if I'd be interested in reviewing YA books for them. They send me a book, and I have four weeks to read it and write a 150-word review. Orphan was for that, and I don't want to overstep my bounds by posting about it. But anyway, that was #9. And here's #10.

Ender's Shadow (Shadow Series, #1)Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book is a companion novel to Ender's Game and follows the character Bean instead. It was interesting to get a different perspective on some of the characters through this book, like Ender for example, especially knowing how the story ends. I wonder how I would have responded to this story if I'd read Ender's Shadow first. I like the complexities of this story (with both books) and find them actually quite emotional, especially for a YA book.

View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

Jill said...

I liked Ender's Game, but haven't read this one. But 3 of 5 stars doesn't make me want to read it.

Dimples said...

Have I ever told you that you make me feel a little more comfortable in my nerdiness? Not to say that YOU are a nerd, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who analyzes YA lit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...