8.15.2013

early weekend?

First off, thank you all for your kind comments on my last post. This mama thing is hard on the heart sometimes, even when it's all good things in the long run. Blogging about these things makes me remember that all of us mamas aren't so different from each other. Our families are different, our mothering styles are different, but our hearts have so much more in common that all those differences don't matter so much.

I think I need to start my weekend early. I don't know what it's been, but I am ready for some hard-core, nothing-on-the-docket weekending. Maybe this has something to do with the Jillian Michaels workouts I've been doing after the babe goes to bed, consequently robbing me of my solo evening time. Or maybe it's that book I just want to finish or those sewing projects I've been dying to start.

Did I tell you I finally set up my sewing space? If you follow me on Instagram you'll know this. And did I tell you that I actually have an official sewing space in our new home? Because I do. A few months ago Josh's grandma asked me if the third bedroom will be for another baby, and I was all, "Heck no, lady! That's my sewing spot!" When a second babe comes along I think Asher will have to adjust to having a bedroom mate. I'm not giving up this sewing space for anything, even if that space is just a corner of a room. (See, the sewing room is also the computer room. We're all about sharing here. Asher will someday share a bedroom, and I have to share my sewing room.)

My time has been divvied out to varied household chores and church responsibilities that I haven't had much time for that therapeutic tactile work, that creativity expressed through textiles and buttons and the steady whirring of the sewing machine. I bought more fabric when I was in Denver (obviously), and I have a million projects jumping to be first out of the gate. Then on top of that I bought a houndstooth quilt pattern that I might just have to start come fall. Because what better fall project than a houndstooth quilt?

So it's official. My weekend will start tomorrow. After I write those articles. And fold that laundry. But after that? I'm reading and eating popcorn and maybe just pulling out some fabric.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...