8.19.2013

lullaby prose, feverish

I wrote this in my head last night at 3:00 in the morning when we were rocking together.
We haven't had these midnight snuggles lately, those cuddles that the darkest hours bring.
Maybe it's because you're growing up a little more.

I can't say that I regret the solidity of your usual nighttime sleep.
But those snuggles are hard to refuse.
I guess that what's we get when you've run a fever for two days straight.
It's hard to sleep with a fever, isn't it?

Here's to a fever-free week
And a week for your birthday.
Catch up on your rest and
We'll bounce back in no time.

Now it's time for your nap,
And I might have to join you.
Fevers make for tired babes and sleepy mamas.
And they make for the best snuggles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...