4.23.2014

a moody month

{Those petals are oh so wonderful when they're outside, but then they come inside when they weren't even invited. And then I sweep up wet petals five times a day. So.}

I'm going to be honest here: I'm ready for May. I can't pinpoint what it is, but April has just been moody this year. I had at least two weeks of post-vacation funk, and I haven't really felt like myself.

Sometimes I'm motivated and optimistic. And sometimes I'm irritable and irrational.

Sometimes I'm agreeable to spontaneous social things. And sometimes all I can manage is holing up in stretchy pants with Netflix.

Sometimes I rock the mom thing. And sometimes I'm toeing the line of implosion.

It's been such a weird month that I even took a pregnancy test on the miracle off chance that I'd actually be pregnant. But I'm not. So I can't even blame this moody month on baby hormones. It's just been weird. And emotional. I can pinpoint definite reasons for some of my funk and can't explain other parts. So, weird. Yes. Too funky for my taste.

This week I'm stripping down to bare bones and doing only what needs to be done. Everything else I'm throwing into reading, sewing, and maybe even some blogging. I'm embracing the clouds and the rain and turning inward to take care of my soul, whether that means trying out these cookies or changing back into stretchy pants or sewing all afternoon. Or all of those things. I'm ready to kick this moody month in the pants and say goodbye.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been feeling the exact same way this month and it is so frustrating. My mom is a big believer in astrology and claims it is because of the grand cross in the planets this month (http://www.examiner.com/article/this-week-astrology-april-21-27-2014-the-grand-cardinal-square; http://astrostyle.com/april-grand-cross/).
I hope your April improves and worst case, May is just around the corner :)

All Fun Family said...

I know those feelings as well. It's always the soul-searching that pulls me out of my funk. I wish you the best!

Jill said...

I feel your pain. I often feel out of control of my moods and have to wake up each day wondering how I'll be. No doubt my family hates this as much as I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...