8.07.2006

no longer a Wamulian

Well I heard from the Provo branch today and they decided to go with one of the full time candidates. I can't exactly say I'm surprised because that's what the position specified, but I just wish I hadn't gone this far only to be rejected. So as of my last day at my current branch, August 23, I will be unemployed for the first time in over two years. I'm not exactly sure what I'll do for the upcoming school year. I'll look into other banks around Provo and some potential office jobs. Ideally I'd rather not work at all at least for a semester, but financially I don't think that's really an option. I'm so used to receiving a paycheck every other week and becoming accustomed to not having that biweekly flow of income will be difficult.

I am very disappointed but I keep reminding myself of Mom's job story. When she was newly married she applied for a job at the BYU Bookstore for which she was the perfect candidate, but she didn't get the job and went to a boring receptionist position elsewhere that ended up being an excellent job that gave her more opportunities than the Bookstore job would have. So trying to be optimistic here, I'm relying heavily on faith that something else will work out for me. Emily is always fasting and praying for work opportunities and she miraculously always finds money when she needs it, so I'll try the same tactics and see where I end up. One of my favorite scriptures says:

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow and toil not, neither do they spin:
and yet I say unto you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field which today is and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, o ye of little faith?
Therefore take no thought saying, What shall we eat?, or What shall we drink?, or wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.
Matthew 6:28-34

So wish me luck on my job search and I'll try to maintain an upbeat and optimistic attitude about this. Do any of you Utah residents know of any banks around Provo or potential office jobs or any other kind of job worth looking into?

3 comments:

roastbeefstew said...

hey the 23 is when we go back to school. i wish i had a job that i liked or even a job but i don't really need one yet.

michelle said...

I don't know of any Provo job opportunities, but I like your attitude about the search! I love that scripture, particularly the part about "take no thought for the morrow". It's not always easy to have such faith!

Anonymous said...

That particular scripture has given me hope and comfort on more than one occasion. I have faith in you and in the Lord!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...