9.12.2008

my new dental regimen

I honestly don't know why I'm posting about this, but it is something I've been doing diligently for a few months now, and I want something to post about. So, here I am telling you about my new routine, the routine imposed on me by my dentist, who was quite appalled with my gums a few months ago.


When I went to the dentist at the beginning of the summer, my teeth were hurting, and I thought that I had a cavity or two, which I was dreading. (I hate Novacain more than almost anything--it's tied with migraines.) I had my teeth cleaned and polished, and my mouth ended up bleeding and throbbing. The dentist looked at my teeth and said that I had "bulbous gums." How sick is that?! I was horrified.

The remedy for "bulbous gums," however, is pretty simple. I just have to floss (I know--I should have been flossing this whole time), swish with Listerine, and use Crest ProHealth toothpaste. So, now my tooth routine takes about triple the time, but it's worth it. Even though the Crest ProHealth toothpaste is not to my preference and flossing is a pain, my gums are no longer bulbous. I committed to another dentist appointment before I came back to school, and he was impressed by my great gum improvement. So, I continue to floss, brush, and swish. I'm a pro, and my gums are no longer bulbous.

This is Mom and me after successful trips to the dentist's--look at our clean, non-bulbous smiles!

3 comments:

michelle said...

Nice. I became a flosser this year, too. But maybe I should add the Listerine into my regimen... I certainly don't want to have bulbous gums!

Denise said...

I don't want to have anything that's bulbous!

Diana said...

beautiful teeth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...