2.15.2009

left behind

Katie roadtripped to St. George. Anneli went home to West Jordan. Caitlin doesn't spend too much time in the apartment anyway. Emily laid claim on the car (very kindly, I might add :) ) and drove up to Bountiful. I am still in Provo.

You know me, though; I'm a pro self-entertainer. Give me Kraft Mac and Cheese, Gilmore Girls, and a stack of articles to edit, and I'm good to go for a three-day weekend.

I have not gone total hermit, however; I've seen Katelyn Friday, Saturday, and today, and Brooke has come over a couple of times.

An apartment with half of its tenants gone is a quiet apartment: it's ShamWow. This morning I woke up a little after 9:00, got ready, made some French toast, read my lessons for church (which I don't always do, however good my intentions are), slipped into my red patent leather pumps, and sashayed up to the Marb for sacrament meeting at 12:30. It was an extremely pleasant and relaxing morning.

I have one more night of relative apartment solitude, and I'm sitting here blogging, drinking a mug of cocoa, and watching the pilot of Gilmore Girls.

I'm okay being left behind.

5 comments:

thepostproducer said...

I love solitary nights in! Especially when coupled with hot cocoa and some sort of hilariously addictive tv show...

Jill said...

This sounds like a great weekend to me!

Susan said...

sounds like a dream weekend to me!
I'm jealous......

michelle said...

It sounds delightful!

Diana said...

that hardly sounds likes a hermit. I too would be very content alone with the Gilmore Girls. We started watching Season 2 recently I love the early seasons!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...