2.09.2009

next best thing

On Friday night, a few girls from the ward and I went up to Katie's house up in Alpine to have a girls' night. Her house is super nice, and we had a ton of fun eating pizza, chips, M&Ms, playing karaoke, dancing, and watching "The Magic of Ordinary Days." I had lots of fun and was glad that I could get out of Provo and spend a bit of time in a real house.

But . . .

After I got back, I was a little blue because I wanted to just spend a Saturday in my house. Katie is so lucky to have her family close enough that she can just spend a Saturday with them and get her laundry done. I just wanted to be in my house with my family for a day :(

Good thing that Emily and I had plans to spend the afternoon at Michelle's! She sent me an email asking if Emily were interested in coming over and making valentines--um, heck yes!! And then she asked me probably one of the best questions I've ever been asked: what is your ultimate home-cooking wish? WAH!!! We chose homemade rolls :) And Michelle gave us each our own bag of rolls to hoard. ShamWow.

That afternoon was just what I needed. I had such a great afternoon spending time with Michelle and her family--if my family is 500 miles away, then this is definitely the next best thing.

2 comments:

michelle said...

I'm just glad you guys wanted to come! You're welcome anytime, even if you want to just come do laundry.

I don't think I know about The Magic of Ordinary Days...

Denise said...

"Charlotte, Charlotte, Don't be blue!
Charlotte, Charlotte, I love you!"

Feel the power.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...