8.19.2009

reunion!

My freshman year of college I spent many evenings over at my cousin Jessie's. It was a needed second home when I was living in the dorms and feeling lonely. When Timm graduated and they all moved across the country, I was seriously disappointed that I wouldn't even see them a few times a year, much less a few times a week, as before. Late last month, Jessie came out to Utah for a few weeks for a Tanner reunion and to visit Michelle & Co. plus other friends, and luckily for the Woods and Petersens in Denver, she booked a flight to Colorado for a few days during her stay. I got to see her for the first time in two years!

She was only here for a few days, but I loved it anyway. We all ate good food, played Bananagrams, went thrifting (the picture below is me sporting the cute girls' top Jess bought me for $3 at ARC), and just had fun talking and catching up. One of my favorite things about Jess is that we can go for two years without seeing each other or even talking on the phone much and come back like no time has passed.

Plus, I got to see Bella again and meet Fiona! Bella and I used to be best buds back in the day. I didn't know if she'd remember me, but after a funky hello, she warmed up to me a bit and we had fun.

Me and Bella from two and a half years ago.

Me and Bella now!

Hello, Fiona!

I'm not sure when I'll be able to see Jess and the girls (Timm, too) again, so I milked this trip for all it was worth. I was sad to say goodbye but was grateful for such close extended family. I love being friends with family :)

3 comments:

Jill said...

I didn't realize you hadn't seen her in 2 years, wow! How fun for you to be able to reunite for a few days like that.

michelle said...

I'm so glad she was able to swing a brief visit with the Denver clan! We were all a bit jealous that we couldn't come, too...

Diana said...

It was the best to see Jessie again. I'm so glad she went to Denver to see her Wood family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...