2.05.2010

appalling

Dear Whoever Stole the Note and Banana Chip Bar I Left for my Sister at the Testing Center,

That wasn't yours. I wrote that note, covered the envelope in "buddy buddy buddy"s and "Number 1" in giant letters, a salutation that was clearly intended for a specific person. I even stapled the banana chip bar to the envelope to indicate that the note and treat went together. That was for my sister who just took her first accounting 210 exam. That wasn't for you.

And frankly, I'm appalled that you would be so audacious to steal something that was intended to brighten a specific person's day. Emily is my sister, my number one: you, on the other hand, are not. Right now, in fact, you're number infinity--the last on the list. I mean, who does that? Steal a treat from the testing center? You, apparently. Anyway, I don't know you, and I probably never will. Just know that you contributed to my loss of faith in humanity and in BYU students.

Sincerely,
Charlotte Wood

9 comments:

Karen said...

That is awful! Who would do such a thing? I'm so sorry. This is yet another reason we should quit life and watch movies all day!

Daniel said...

That makes me wonder how many notes I've really gotten in my life. Current life-to-date count of rec'd testing center notes: 1.

I'll bet it's more like 3.

Denise said...

P.S.: I hope you're allergic to bananas.

emily said...

Hahaha, Mom's comment. Hahahahahaha.

Susan said...

Mercy! What the?

NO one takes what we leave for our Emily! (without scorn, that is.)

Jill said...

Oh dear, apparently the stress of being in the testing center led this person to a life of crime! I'm guessing the culprit was a male in need of homemade treats. Hopefully it was his first and last criminal act.

m.estelle said...

charlotte.
i'm here. and i like it here.

i'm very sorry that the banana chip bar was stolen. i swear it wasn't me.


xoxo
e

p.s.- jeremy called you "char" yesterday. i just thought you should know. haaaa.

Diana said...

I can't believe someone stole that. That is just rude! In the words of Stephanie Tanner... How Rude!

michelle said...

That IS appalling! I enjoyed the details of your treat, though -- the number 1 stickers would surely have been the perfect touch.

Your new banner is AMAZING! Love, love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...