2.23.2010

a bit daunted

There is a particular birthday on Saturday, and I need to make a marvelous cake. I mean, it needs to be incredible. I want to make this cake because I love baking and making food from scratch, but you know what? I can't remember the last time I made a cake from scratch. Perhaps it was never. So I'm sitting on my bed flipping through my Betty Crocker cookbook and talking to my cake-savvy sister desperately hoping that I make the cake wonderful. A wonderful cake for a wonderful day for a wonderful person.

Wish me luck.

6 comments:

michelle said...

I'm sure it will be wonderful! You have everything you need: a good recipe, skill, and a veritable heritage of making marvelous cakes.

And just remember the most important thing: no one but the cook notices if there are holes in the cake (I chose that example because holes in her cakes drive Grandma to despair).

April said...

Good luck!! I have to say it is more frustrating and precise then anything else I learned from you wonderful grandma. Even if I did exactly what she did (the very next day) it still just turned out ok.
Charlotte the elder alway says no one cares but the cook. So it will be wonderful if you want it to be!
Have a great day with your wonderful person.

Miranda said...

You can do it Charlotte! I have faith in you, it will be wonderful.

Miranda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paws said...

Hm...I wonder whose birthday it is? ;)

Diana said...

Good luck Charlotte. I can't wait to see pictures of this cake and hear about this special birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...