2.28.2010

lovely day

Birthdays are a big deal for me, and they always have been. So when Josh's birthday rolled around, I made every effort to make it wonderful. I made muffins for a late breakfast (when we ate them at 11:30ish, Josh was still in his pajamas--I'm glad he sees birthdays as holidays too), and mid-afternoon we headed up to Thanksgiving Point to go through the dinosaur museum there but decided last-minute to see Avatar in 3D instead.

While seemingly not my kind of movie (this was my first time seeing it), I surprisingly enjoyed it. And I found the 3D actually cool instead of headache-inducing.

Now get ready for the real adventure of the day: Josh accidentally locked the keys in the car. So his brother and sister-in-law were awesome enough to drive up and give us the spare key. Hahahahahahaha. While waiting, Josh and I moseyed over to the Show Barn where we watched a few numbers of a jazz dance competition. (Sarah and Dad will actually be here next week for Sarah's clogging competition, which will also take place in Thanksgiving Point's Show Barn.)


After dinner at Five Guys with his siblings, siblings-in-law, and grandparents, our birthday celebration concluded with a few episodes of "30 Rock" (I gave him the second season), birthday cake, and part of The Prestige. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

And one of my favorite parts of the evening? Lighting the candles (yes, 25 of them) super quick and opening the front door to dissipate the candle smoke and turning on the stove fan while physically fanning the smoke out to avoid triggering the smoke detector. Happy birthday, Josh :)

5 comments:

michelle said...

Yes, happy birthday, Josh! I love to see people making a big deal out of birthdays -- as it should be.

p.s. he doesn't look a day over 20.

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, I'm shocked that he's 25! You guys look like babies to me (that's a compliment).

emily said...

I'm so glad that his day was a success. Love you!

Denise said...

Your cake looks lovely! I wish I had a piece right now. . . .

I'm glad you and Josh had fun on his birthday--and those candles are amazing.

Denise said...

And did I mention that I wish I could go to the Show Barn with you, Emily, Sarah, and Dad on Saturday? Really.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...