6.07.2013

bookish mojo

A few weeks ago I had a sudden urge to read a Sandra Dallas book. I knew that she had a few published recently that I hadn't yet read, so I packed up the babe and quickly headed to the library. For several months now (basically since Asher was born) I lost my reading groove. I preferred to watch effortless television than crack a thoughtful book.

It's not like I haven't done any reading since last August. I read magazine articles, news reports, and blog posts, and I've been listening to both audiobooks and podcasts. I've been staying informed and (hopefully) interesting. Actually reading actual books, however, just wasn't an enticing option for my wiped out mind and body.

So I welcomed this sudden and urging desire to actually read. I feel like a crucial part of me has been lying dormant for a while, and now it's finally ready to come back. I've finished a few books in the past several weeks, and it's delightful. I have a list of potential summer reads that I gleaned from Ultimate Beach Reading: A Summer Reading Guide from Modern Mrs. Darcy (check out the link on the right-hand side of the page).

Several people have requested my opinion on my current read, and so you can expect a book review post soon. All I can say is that I'm so glad my bookish mojo found its way back. Have you ever lost some of your mojo? How did you get it back?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...