11.30.2013

popping in

It's been almost a week since I've posted anything, and especially since my 31 days of gracious living, that's felt like a long time. Josh has used some vacation days, so we've been enjoying him being home all week. And Josh's sister and her husband came into town for Thanksgiving, so we've been spending lots of time over at my in-laws' lazing around, eating leftover stuffing, and playing Bang!

{Martinelli's in a mason jar--obviously. Leftover Thanksgiving is maybe even better than original Thanksgiving}

I hunkered down at home for Black Friday, and Asher rewarded me with taking a three-hour nap (cue the Hallelujah chorus). The only shopping I did was taking advantage of some great online deals with some favorite shops. I've been making Christmas lists for parents and in-laws and eating pie like it's going out of style.

Last night we hired our first-ever paid babysitter so we could go see Catching Fire with the gang, and can I say that that movie was amazing? I loved it. And I'm kind of crushing on Jennifer Lawrence. We still have a couple of days left of vacation, and I think we're going to live it up. I hope that your Thanksgiving was lovely and that you got even just a little bit of vacation.

And remember, eating pie for breakfast is not only acceptable but encouraged. Obviously.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Woohoo, how did things go with the babysitter?

I thought the monkey scene was way too long.

I am unsatisfied with this year's pie situation and may need to remedy that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...