8.16.2010

dignified

Today I visited Grandma's grave for the first time. I went with Mom and Grandpa, and we took some pretty, happy flowers.


At the Fort Logan Cemetery all of the headstones are the same, and looking at the countless rows of uniform headstones elicited a sense of dignity and reverence.

A lady came by a little after we arrived with flowers for a grave close by. She was having a hard time. I was struck with how intimate a cemetery really is. There you find people at their most emotional and sorrowful moments. It's humbling.


I miss my grandma, and I'm glad I could go to her graveside. I'm glad I could see and feel the dignity of the cemetery. I'm glad I could share that moment with my mom and grandpa. I'm glad to know that because of the gospel I'll see her again.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I was just thinking of your grandma last night and how much I miss her. This is a touching post, Charlotte.

michelle said...

I like the idea of all the gravestones being the same. You're right, it does lend a certain dignity to the cemetery. It reminds me of Arlington or the American cemetery in Normandy.

I can't wait to visit Grandma's grave myself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...