8.30.2010

officially moving in

I'm officially moving into the apartment tonight. Really all that means is that I'm moving my suitcase and box that I brought from Colorado into the apartment, because all of my other stuff is there already.

So today I drove Josh to work so I could use the car, and I made a huge Target run. Like, huge. Whenever I moved into student apartments there would already be a trash can, vacuum, and broom. But here, in a real apartment? I needed to go and buy all those things.

The game plan from here? Unpack my clothes (finally--I've been living on the clothes from just one suitcase for the past three weeks). Unpack the kitchen. Unpack whatever else I can given that we have no furniture in the apartment aside from a hand-me-down couch and two chairs courtesy of Josh's parents.

And then I'll have to vacuum. With the new vacuum.

PS--My camera is still hiding. . . . I'm getting a pit in my stomach here. Like, really.

5 comments:

michelle said...

I guess I thought you had already moved into the new apartment - which would be hard to do with no furniture.

Unpacking is fun when you're moving into your own place and you don't have a deadline for finishing everything. And I think that kind of huge Target run would be really fun! If I had the funds for it, of course.

Your camera just has to turn up! It's new!

Miranda said...

Yay for you! I've been thinking of you a lot lately. I hope you have fun unpacking your kitchen. That is always what I unpack very first.

Jill said...

How exciting! That must have been a seriously fun Target run!

Kathy B. said...

Darn it! I bought you a broom for a wedding present!! Now what am I going to get you ?? :)

Susan said...

Can't someone invent an ap for finding lost cameras?! One of my cute staff members just showed me an ap called "find droid". You can program your phone so that when you call if with a certain code, it will ring like hell, even if it's turn off or muted! Now that's what I call an ap! Now, go do it for cameras too! Good luck with that one. Could it be in your Dad's car? In a shoe? Packed in with the kitchen supplies? Inside a boot? Hope you find it.

Welcome home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...