8.22.2010

Operation Superhuman Reader: last summer book

I Capture the CastleI Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book was thoroughly delightful. Cassandra was an engaging and intelligent narrator. Sometimes in first-person narrative I feel a little disconnected from the bigger story, but I didn't with this story. One of the things I particularly liked was how surprisingly unpredictable the story was. Going into the book I thought it would be fairly formulaic (though still enjoyable), but I was wrong. The plot didn't go as I expected, and I liked that. The story was more entertaining that way. I would recommend this book to anyone!



View all my reviews

3 comments:

Joanna Galbraith said...

Cool! Good to know... I will definitely put this on my to-read list on Goodreads. Was this by chance the book you were reading in your last blog post? I tried to zoom in to figure out if I recognized the text, haha!

Jill said...

I read this book years ago and liked it, then recently watched the movie and enjoyed that too.

michelle said...

What, there's a movie?

Like Jill, I read this one years ago and I have a notoriously bad memory, but I remember liking it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...