8.27.2010

Operation Superhuman Reader: hungry for The Hunger Games

Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I didn't know quite how to feel at the end of this book--it definitely didn't go as I expected. Collins takes a different turn with this book from what most readers would expect; I would go as far as to characterize this book as bleak. The emotion was deeper and the themes more serious. It's a sad book, but still hopeful. I feel that Collins made Katniss a more real character than she's been in the first two books. Despite the futuristic setting of The Hunger Games, books this installment brought everything closer to home in the end. I'm looking forward to going back and reading them all through again!



View all my reviews

4 comments:

Joanna Galbraith said...

Yeah, I felt pretty similar to you. It was bleak. I was unhappy with a few things that Collins did, but in the end it was still a good book.

Claire said...

I liked that the ending showed that even with a good ending that it takes time for those kinds of wounds to heal. It felt a little more realistic to me that way.

Dimples said...

I feel that Collins grew up a lot with this novel, both the prose and content have improved over the first two installments, and the result was much more genuine. I would go so far as to say that this book offers a level of catharsis that the other two failed to deliver.

I'm interested now in reading her other series. Do you know anything about it?

Dimples said...

I just read over that comment and (despite the comma splice) it sounded like I just got out of an English class... which I did. Please forgive the awkwardness. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...