8.04.2010

last week festivities

It's my last week in Provo. Ever. And while I haven't been feeling all that nostalgic, I do have friends I've been wanting to spend some time with before I skip town.

Monday I left work with Emily McB (who works as an editorial intern with the welfare department), and we went to Zupas for dinner and caught Letters to Juliet at the dollar theater. The movie was mindlessly enjoyable, and the male lead was a dream boat. I don't think I would have paid full price for it, but for $1.25 it was perfect. Emily and I managed to sneak in Cold Stone ice cream (though I was more full from my ultimate grilled cheese than I realized and could eat only a few bites of the ice cream).

We left wondering why we hadn't been doing stuff like this for the past three years. We have long-term plans for her to move to Washington, where we'd be only an hour and a half apart. Let's hope that pans out.

Last night I went to Cafe Rio with Brooke, Laura, and Kat. Brooke has been wonderful all summer in letting me use her car almost whenever I need to, and so I wanted to take her out in appreciation.

Afterward we went back to the apartment and played a few rounds of Bananagrams.

Tonight we might pop in a scary movie in continuation of our scary movie night last week when we watched When a Stranger Calls (ridiculous and simultaneously terrifying).

Yes, I'm 100-percent ready to leave Provo for a long, long time, but I will miss my friends. I'm so glad my last week has been full of fun (and delicious food)!

4 comments:

emilymcb said...

Yay. I'm glad we got to do this.

And I totally hope I someday end up in Washington ;)

Cami! said...

You are so much more brave than I am. I was DEVASTATED to leave Provo! Boo!

Diana said...

I really like your new blog template and header!
What a fantastic last week in Provo.
Friends, food and the movies what more could a girl want?

michelle said...

Sounds like a good send-off. You may be done with Provo, but I bet you'll still enjoy going to the BYU bookstore if you're ever back in town!

I love When a Stranger Calls.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...