9.27.2010

excited to live

Almost two years ago I interviewed my grandma and recorded her personal history. I had the interviews on tapes for a year and a half up until she passed away last April, which finally prompted me to transfer the tapes to CDs. Then the summer got crazy and I didn't have time to transcribe much, but now I'm kicking this project into high gear and want to have her book ready to order in time for Christmas.

As I've been listening to my grandma tell the story of her life, I've been amazed at how beautiful her seemingly ordinary life was. She tells so many stories and shares so many insights, and I'm just filled with gratitude and motivation. I love working on this project and am so excited to see the final product. (I'll let you know when it's ready for ordering, for those interested.)

Most of all, though, I am filled with excitement. As I listen to my grandmother's story, I'm filled with excitement to live my own life. If her life can be extraordinary in a beautifully ordinary way, then mine can be too.

I'm committed to making my ordinary life beautiful.

6 comments:

Denise said...

That is a beautiful--and very apt way to sum up her life (and a great goal for us all!).

Count me in when it's time to order!

Miranda said...

It's true, this IS beautiful. I thought the same thing about your grandmother; she led such a beautiful life. She's inspired me to do the same. Am interested in ordering a copy, very much yes.

michelle said...

I can't wait to read/listen to it myself!! Sounds like the perfect Christmas gift (I'll be telling Marc).

I love the way you put this - extraordinary in a beautifully ordinary way, so true.

Claire said...

I'm excited for a copy! Grandpa and I were talking a little bit about your interviews with Grandma not too long ago and I wondered if it would ever be published. I look forward to having a copy to go next to Grandpa's memoirs!

jt said...

I'm so excited that you are doing this and of course I can't wait to order a copy!! Beautifully put, inspiring, and attainable. :)

Susan said...

*sigh* I've really been missing my mother more than usual...what is it about mothers anyway?! This brought a little tear to my eye, but so often any mention of her does. I know she would not support such sentimentality! I want to be like her, but it seems impossible.

She is my hero, then, now, and forever. I love you, Mom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...